Safety Electrical Tips

by admin on February 10, 2011

How to maintain your home or office wirings safer than ever

The wear and tear theory explains that anything that we use will eventually seize to function properly no matter how we take care of it only time will tell when and how that object will break down. The same thing goes with all our electrical appliances and with the home and office wirings.

A damaged appliance or wirings can pose a serious problem; isolated black out is common and your business or daily task would be affected. Even worse is that you are at risk of electrical shock and or fire.

Though these events part of the theory we can definitely bypass it. A Routine check with a qualified electrician is all that you need. Some minor damages can be handled by a normal citizen; however you are taking the risk in doing so. It is better to seek a professional service when dealing with these problems.

Have a routine check – Annually visits of a professional electrician is a must. You must ensure that all the wirings and appliances that you are using are in their best condition. However, some instances are an exception and require special attention, after a storm, earthquake or any other acts of god or incident that might cause any damage.

Watch your appliances – When installing new appliances in your home make sure that the power requirements is within what your home regulator can supply. Make sure you check the manual or refer to a professional as necessary.

Prevent leaks – Make sure you have your roof secured especially on a rainy season. If water slips through any of your wirings, it can and it will pose a potential danger.

Use every electrical device with caution – always refer to the user’s manual and use every device with caution. Study shows that hair dryers are the most common cause of electrocution. Never touch any wires or electrical devices when your hands are wet.

Never use extension cords for high consumes – High ampere appliances like refrigerators, air conditioners and microwaves should be plugged directly a wall socket. High amounts of electric current can cause extension cords to overheat and melt causing fire.

Turn off everything – When not use better turn off all appliances, not only that you are saving electricity but you are also protection your home and family. 70 percent of fires occur during the night when no one is attending to the appliances.

Our homes are investments and we want to protect it from any possible damage. Following these tips will minimize risks of fire and electrical related incident and more importantly while doing so you are protecting your family.

Next post: